WDRO 101.3 FM
WDRO-LP IS LAWRENCE COUNTY’S NEW FM RADIO STATION
NOW ON THE AIR!
– WHAT IS WDRO? WDRO-LP is a low-power non-commercial FM radio station licensed to operate in Lawrence County, MS. The FCC city of license for WDRO is Monticello, MS.
– WHO OPERATES WDRO? WDRO-LP is licensed to and operated by Lawrence County Public Radio, Inc., a Mississippi non-profit corporation.
– WHAT FREQUENCY DOES WDRO-LP OPERATE ON? 101.3 FM
– WHAT KIND OF PROGRAMMING DOES WDRO-LP AIR? Yet to be fully determined. However, our hopes are to be heavily involved with Lawrence County sports of all kinds. Our primary sports emphasis will be on Lawrence County School sports. Additionally, our plans call for coverage of all types of Lawrence county events and happenings (church services, public events, local talk, locally produced music programs, reading, etc.).
– WHAT KIND OF REACH DOES WDRO-LP HAVE? WDRO is classified by the FCC as a low-power FM radio station. Our tests estimate a listening area of around a 20 mile diameter (10 mile radius) from the transmitter site located at 365 Firetower road between Monticello and Silver Creek.
– WHAT IS OUR MISSION? To provide unprecedented coverage and information to, for, and about the people of Lawrence County
– IS WDRO PRORAMMING AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET? Yes! We try to stream on the internet all WDRO programming! Persons worldwide can listen to WDRO programming on their computer or smart phone. Go to www.wdrofm.com
– WHEN DID WDRO-LP COME ON THE AIR? February 27, 2015.
– WHAT IS LAWRENCE COUNTY PUBLIC RADIO, INC.? Lawrence County Public Radio, Inc. is a Mississippi non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation (Rusty O’Neal, President & Secretary, Debra O’Neal, Vice-President). Lawrence County Public Radio, Inc. owns the FCC operating licenses of WDRO-LP and its associated auxiliaries.
– WHAT ARE WDRO-LP’s license call signs?
WDRO-LP WDRO-LP Main Transmitter Channel 101.3 Mhz
WQVE828 WDRO-LP Studio-to-transmitter link 951.50 Mhz
WQVJ627 WDRO-LP Remote pick-up channel 153.17 Mhz